cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity- Can the v-mail user turn off the read receipts?

gil.guevara
Level 1
Level 1

We have users who want to turn off the read receipts. How is this done?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version? Exchange or Domino?

If you're on 4.0(5) with Exchange you can just use the Advanced Settings Tool using the "Conversaton - exclude return receipts from voice mail stack". This excludes all read and delivery receipts from the stack. The "Conversation - exclude all receipts from voice mail stack" removes all receitps, including non delivery receipts. In general we don't suggest excluding NDRs unless there's a good reason to do so as this may be the only indication that a voice mail you sent didn't get delivered to another user (i.e. their mailbox was full or the like).

Hi Jeff;

Looks like a few people are having this issue with Domino (also on 4.05) - is there an upcoming fix for this and Domino? (NDR/Read Receipts)? I have 2 customers that it's now impacting.

Thanks

John.

Any resolution for this. I have a customer that is complaining of the same thing. Unified messaging 4.05 with domino 6. They are upgrading to domino 7. Im wondering if a newer version of Unity may have fixed this issue.

No changes for Domino that I know of - Exchange has the option of eliminating read/delivery receipts and/or NDRs (although this is not suggested). It's done through filtering changes supported and as I understand it the interfaces from the Domino folks don't provide the same flexibility. But you'd want to ping your account team to put the request in.

By the way, it's not considered a bug - it's working how the dev teams at Cisco and IBM designed it to work. If you want the behavior to change you must put the request through your account team - a quick check of PERs and I don't see any on the list for this.

Here is what I had received when I had opened a TAC case a long time back

"We have documented this in defect CSCdy36619, where DUCS only supports six message types: "Voice", "Fax", "EMail", "Invitation", "Report" and "Other". NDRs and Receipts are grouped together as "Report", so the ability to exclude receipts during message playback becomes specific to Cisco Unity for Exchange. It is considered an expected behavior for Cisco Unity for Lotus Domino to not have this exclude return receipt option available.

Unless IBM modifies their DUCS client to differentiate between RR and NDRs, this is working as designed. On Exchange RR's have their own message class (which is different than NDRs), so it was easy to address this issue for Exchange.