Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unty Connction Call details / logs

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco Unity connection system . a user has received a Voicemessage on his ip phone announced as coming from "operator".

When I checked the user "operator" in CUC. I found that it is a system user not imported from CUCM. Also it's DTFM ID /extension doesn't correspond to an real user. In other world we can't know exactly who was the caller. Also, I didn't find any related info in the CDR of the CUCM.

Is there a way to find out who is the real caller ? How can I find out such info  in  CUC ?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Operator user is created by default during install. There is an Operator call handler as well which is set to store messages left to the Operator mailbox. The most likely reason is that someone pressed zero (0) on a mailbox or call handler (e.g. Opening Greeting) which used the Operator call handler. If this happened outside the working hours of the assigned schedule - Weekdays by default - a message would have been deposited in the Operator mailbox per the Operator call handler greeting rules. You need to clean up some of the system defaults to point to more appropriate destinations for your installation to avoid this going forward.

Another possibility is that the extension value assigned to the operator user matched the caller ID of a call to the user. For example if the user who received the message had extension 5000 and the caller ID of the caller was 99990 for some reason, Unity Connection would have marked the message as from the Operator mailbox.

Hello,

Actually added , some callhandlers and routing rules in a way not to use the opening greeting at all.

The system is on production for almost 3 years. No such behaviour has been reported before. Also , the message has been deposed in a real Voice Mail box as coming from the operator. It more likely to be the second possibility. However in that case, I should have a user in CUCM with that 99990 which is not the case also I should see in CAR a CDRreporting a call from that caller ID ( 9990 ) going to the destination user extension and then forwarded to the Voice Pilot Number. but as I mentioned before , no such information at all. That's why I'm wondering  if there is way to see previous passed calls flow through callhandler and Voice Mail box in Cisco Unity Connection other than the CUCM CAR tool ?

many thanks.