Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM P2V migration using PCD

Martin Hart
Level 1
Level 1

I am migrating CUCM 8.5.(1) using PCD. 11.6

All cluster servers are discovered. ESXi host defined, all ISO in the correct location. Etc

During the migration step it fails with this error.

Mar 28, 2017 15:36 BST INFO  Export task action ID #278 with 1 node(s) scheduled.
Mar 28, 2017 15:38 BST INFO  Export task action ID #278 with 1 node(s) started.
Mar 28, 2017 15:38 BST INFO  Export job for node ********* started.
Mar 28, 2017 16:08 BST ERROR  Data export failed for node ********* Please verify whether the export has been started on the UC application node using CLI "utils system dataexport status". If the export status is TERMINATED, check the migrate export logs on the UC application node under /var/log/install/.
Mar 28, 2017 16:08 BST ERROR  Export job for node ********* failed.
Mar 28, 2017 16:08 BST ERROR  1 nodes(s) in Export task action ID #278 failed: *********

I have successfully migrated with PCD before version 7.1.(3) to 10.5 and never experienced this issue this is the second time with PCD11.X and CUCM that I have experienced this error has anyone else seen this error and if so what is the resolution?

Thanks

Martin

2 Replies 2

Martin Hart
Level 1
Level 1

This is the output line from the CUCM install log where it seems to fail at this step

ccm_platformConfig_migrate|Internal Error, File:/common/migrate_export/component/ucplatform/scripts/ccm_platformConfig_migrate:429, Function: handle_timezone_change(), Error: No valid timezone found|<LVL::Critical>

For anyone who comes across this the issue is the CUCM using GMT as the timezone even if you set PCD to GMT is still fails the workaround is ti change the source node to a different timezone such as Europe/London and match this in PCD. This will be fixed until version 12

Cisco bug id CSCvc99388