cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DUCS play to phone issue

g-kennett
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue where when a DUCs client tries to play the message out to the IP phone, they get the message "unspecified error". The correct extension has been put in and we are seeing no errors in event viewer on Unity.

Anyone come accross this before?

8 Replies 8

bemai
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen this in testing, but it could be a number of things. Please provide some more details:

DUC version

Lotus Notes client version

Subscriber workstation OS version (include any SPs)

Cisco Unity version

Is failover being used?

Does this happen for all users or just one user?

If just one user, has it always failed, or did the failures just occur?

Thanks,

Betty

Both IBM and Cisco will point you to this bug. Ours worked without a hitch once this was changed.

Title:

DUC: Cisco Client 1.2.2 Does Not Connect with Windows XP SP2

Product: Lotus Domino > Lotus Domino Unified Communications for Cisco > Version 1.2

Platform: Windows XP

Date: 11/23/2004

Doc Number: 1191040

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem

You are using the Domino Unified Communication (DUC) client 1.2.2 for Cisco. The CTI (play to phone) does not connect with Windows XP SP2.

Content

In Windows XP SP2, the anonymous logon for remote access is turned off by default. The following steps need to be performed to turn on anonymous logon for remote access for the Cisco CTI to work with DUC. With the anonymous logon for remote access turned on, CTI will work with either XP SP2 firewall disabled or enabled.

Steps to turn on anonymous logon for remote access:

1. In Windows XP, go to the Control Panel and select Administrative Tools.

2. Select Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options.

3. Select 'DCOM: Machine Access Restrictions in Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) Syntax'.

4. Click on "Edit Security" in the 'DCOM: Machine Access Restrictions in

Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) Syntax' window.

5. In the 'Access Permission' window, highlight "Anonymous Logon" and mark "Remote Access" under "Allow" as enabled

6. Click OK to exit.

7. Restart computer.

Thanks for this. We will give this a go and I will update this post with the results.

Hi Betty,

It's been a while since you replied to my original post, but I hope you are still able to assist with this. Below is the information you originally asked for.

The DUCS version we have is 1.2.2

The Lotus notes client versions are mainly 6.5.4, but there are a few on 6.0.3

Subscriber Workstation OS are Windows 2000 SP4 and XP SP2.

This happens for all users.

Thanks

We pushed the following out and it completely eliminated the problem.

1. In Windows XP, go to the Control Panel and select Administrative Tools.

2. Select Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options.

3. Select 'DCOM: Machine Access Restrictions in Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) Syntax'.

4. Click on "Edit Security" in the 'DCOM: Machine Access Restrictions in

Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) Syntax' window.

5. In the 'Access Permission' window, highlight "Anonymous Logon" and mark "Remote Access" under "Allow" as enabled

6. Click OK to exit.

7. Restart computer.

We did try this, but it made no difference. Not all machines are running XP, some are running W2000 and they are having the same problem.

Thanks anyway

Thanks for the info. Has TRaP ever worked for any user? Is Unity configured for Failover.. if so, does the problem occur when the Primary and/or Secondary server is active?

One thing you can try is to ping the Unity server name from a client machine. Just ping the NETBIOS server name (not the FQDN). If you can't ping Unity, you should investigate the network config.

I am using unity with a failover and recieved the same on the xp workstations with the unspecified error and no trap to the phone. The 2000 pc's work fine. I am using Ducs client 123...tried the workaround for 122 and still no fix. Does anyone one have any help for this one.