cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR WHILE FORWARDING VOICE MESSAGE FROM NOTES VIEWMAIL TO ANOTHER VOICEMAIL USER IN UNITY CONNECTION

Hello All,

I am facing problem while replying/forwarding or sending a NEW Voice Message from ViewMail integrated with  IBM LOTUS  Notes 8.5 to the other Voice Mail User Configured in Cisco Unity Connection.The ViewMail Version is 8.0.2 for IBM LOTUS Notes.UC  version is 8.x

I have attached the file that displays the error.

From the view mail inbox if i "Right Click" any email and the "Click ON Forward" I am able to forward the Voice Message from the ViewMail to the IBM LOTUS Domino user [ that is forwarding it to EMAIL Account ], but if I try to forward it to unity user is gives "Failure Delivery".

Now when I double click the individual voice mail message in ViewMail account and then click on "Forward/reply/NewMemo" icon available on the individual voice message window that I have opened ,I get an error as stated below

"The remote name could not be resolved error in Notes ViewMail 10.0.0.152e_vmws_gen_property_not_found "

where 10.0.0.152 is the IP-Address of my Unity Connection Server.

Also just for the information I am able to Login into Cisco PCA for alll the users and able to view the Inbox.

I am able to forward the VoiceMessages between Unity Connection users via CISCO PCA without facing any issue.

A Quick Help will be much appreciated .......... :-)

Hasan Jafri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Hasan,

I've just noticed the following caveat against the "Compatibility Matrix: Cisco Unity Connection and the Software on User Workstations"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/compatibility/matrix/cucclientmtx.html#wp57584

Users can listen to messages by using Lotus Notes, but cannot forward, reply to,  or compose messages.

Does this explain what you're seeing?

Kind regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hasan,

What build of Cisco Unity Connection are you using?   vmws refers to Visual Voice Mail Web Services.

I'm completely taking a stab in the dark here... as I suspect a new defect of some kind and haven't yet seen too many Viewmail for Notes issues myself...

You may wish to check that the voicemail_server service parameter is set to a hostname as described at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/visual_voicemail/7.0/english/install/guide/install.html#wp1053949

If remotely installing, and assuming the hostname is resolvable by DNS, what happens if you change the IP address to a hostname in Session.Property("UNITYCONNECTIONSSERVER") and Session.Property("PROXYSERVERADDRESS"), as mentioned at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/vmn/release/notes/801cucvmnrn.html#wp65515

Per the "Caution", it sounds like you'd need to manually change it for any existing accounts.

Kind regards,

Craig

Hello Craig,

Thank  for your quick response.Actually I am bit confused now. I am Integrating Cisco View Mail Ver 8.0.2 with IBM LOTUS NOTES

8.5. I am not configuring  Visual Voicemail.Can you please help me to understand how these two are related.

Also my CUCM version is 8.0 and Unity Connection Version is 8.0.

I have followed the installation steps and changed the [ session.Property("UNITYCONNECTIONSSERVER") = "10.0.0.152" ].

I have also verified the same in the registry as well.

I have also attached my VMNInit.vbs file for your reference.

BTW have you integrated Cisco ViewMail with Lotus Notes on any other version was it working ?

Why I am asking this if at it's working for you on any version I would like to role back to that version and then do my

testing.

And also its quite strange that there is not much document available for Integrating Lotus Notes with Cisco ViewMail.

Really appreciate your help .........

Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Jafri

Hello Craig,

After spending sometime on troubleshooting , just for testing purpose I created two new Unity Connection Voice Mail User and configured VMN [VoiceMail for Notes] account on the same lotus Notes.

Interestingly this time I was able to use Reply & Reply to All option to send the Voice Message via VMN. {WORKING JUST FINE,NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER ]

But still I am NOT able to use Forward option to send the Voice Messages via VMN.

REPLY WITH HISTORY & REPLY TO ALL WITH HISTORY options are also not working.

This is error that I am getting

"Error in QueryServe in CoreUCClasses 213 at line 336:Vmws:The remote server returned an error:(403) Forbidden

I HAVE CREATED VIDEO RECORDING FOR THIS ERROR & WORKING PART OF THE CONFIG TO GIVE YOU A BETTER IDEA OF THE PROBLEM.

Its 7 MB Recording. I hope you can easily Download.

Also important point is that i don't see any previous error that was accuring during my earlier testing.

Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Jafri

Hi Hasan,

Firstly, thanks, your video is wonderful at demonstrating the issue!

Unfortunately, I am not overly familiar with these Domino setups... and I really don't know of anyone here who is.   I "suspect" that the new users might be behaving differently due to the change in session.Property("UNITYCONNECTIONSSERVER"); per the "Caution" I mentioned, these changes only affect new accounts.

I'd suggest raising a case with the TAC for this... and attaching what you've provided here to it.   Please see if you've got the new option for raising a TAC case in the top right "Actions" section here in the forum (it's a fairly new option that may or may not be available to you yet).

Kind regards,

Craig

Hey Hasan,

I've just noticed the following caveat against the "Compatibility Matrix: Cisco Unity Connection and the Software on User Workstations"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/compatibility/matrix/cucclientmtx.html#wp57584

Users can listen to messages by using Lotus Notes, but cannot forward, reply to,  or compose messages.

Does this explain what you're seeing?

Kind regards,

Craig

Hello Craig,

I am referring to......

Table 5 Supported Version Combinations of Software on User Workstations for Connection 8.0 and for Connection in Cisco Unified CMBE 8.0

This is my combination:

Operating System on Workstation :: Windows XP

ViewMail on Workstation to Access Voice Messages::ViewMail for Notes 8.0(2) & 8.0(1)

Messaging Client on Workstation to Access Voice Messages: Lotus Notes4. –8.0 –7.0

Note** Users can listen to messages by using Lotus Notes, but cannot  forward, reply to, or compose messages

Craig thank you for this information ... seeing this compatibility Matrix I believe that Lotus Notes 8.5 does not support this feature......

Thank you my friend!!!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Jafri