cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message server Offline

JTHarrell45
Level 1
Level 1

A growing number of users are having problems listening to voice mail over their Cisco desk phones.   In 2 cases, messages are not being forwarded over email, in one case email delivery is happening.   When these users attempt to access their mail boxes they get a message that "the message server is offline".   the number of users reporting problems is small at this time, maybe 3 known cases, out of 1000 subscribers.  All exchange servers appear to be online and without problem.   If one of the affected users calls in from another phone and attempts to access their mailbox the same behavior is exhibited.

We are using Cisco Unity build 7.0(2) & Call Manager 7.0.2.20000-5

If more information is needed I can be reached at 970.217.2520 or emailed at johnharrell@deltek.com.

5 Replies 5

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

John,

Is the Unity server install as unified messaging or voicemail message?

Thanks.

Dat Pham

Unity probably lost connectivity with one of the exchange servers, check the event viewer on unity to verify. A unity reboot can sometimes help but if the problem continue, u should open a tac case.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

has any work been done on the Exchange server lately?   The things to start with:

- Check the Unity Logs, any errors?  If so which ones?

- Reboot Unity, recheck the event logs in Windows  for Unity errors if any.

- Check your GC/DC connections in Unity they are solid. (no DNS changes, or updates, etc)

- Check with your Exchange team... have they done anything new lately? (moved stores, patches, etc)

- have you updated Unity lately? (not that you need to, but)

In the past, I have seen MAPI profiles on Unity go haywire and they need to be rebuilt.  Its kind of a slow effect like you are seeing where a few have issues, never the same ones.

JTHarrell45
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the replies, it turns out the unity server had a latent connection to the exchange server.   Support made a registry entry to force the connection and the problem was resolved.

Hi John,

I have the same problem. Could you describe what have you done in details to solve the problem?

BR,