cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRV _cuplogin and IM Presence 9

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Conflicting documentation for IM&Presence 9 indicates that cuploging can not be use on IM&Presence 9 but other info indicates that it can be used because jabber will use that record.

On lab production/ lab environment jabber was able to use that record and able to login on the proper IM server. Also on jabber flowchart cuplogin is used for server discovery.

Any ideas why all that confusing information?

Thanks

Alex

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

_cuplogin can be used as the SRV records but Cisco's direction is to use _cisco-uds which might be the cause of the confusion. Both would work and _cisco-uds will take precedence.

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George

Yes. I know that both work and they don't depend on IM and presence server version for now because is jabber who determines what entry to use. I have tested both but I prefer _cuplogin because it does not required configuring ILS in a multicluster environment.

On Cisco documents,  _cuplogin is reference to pre-9 version and _cisco-uds on post-9 version which is not correct.

Alex

Alex, what about MRA, were you able to get that working with only _cuplogin SRV records in a multi cluster environment?

Please rate useful posts.