cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.04 Default Subscriber Template

ozamora
Level 1
Level 1

I did a new install of Unity 4.04. Part of the install package is the Password Wizard that requires an initial phone password of 7 numbers with non-trivial requirements.

I can't change the default phone template password after the installation (it reverts back when you save it). I can however create a new template with any password. Since the default template is always at the top of the selection list, my clients tend to use that one. They want the default template phone password to be: 12345.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the "Check against trivial passwords for extra security" option on the account policy page checked? I believe the SA bug here is that it wont let the system created templates update their PWs if this option is not checked. If you check it you can update the PW but if it's unchecked it reverts back - of course with this checked it wont allow "12345" because it's trivial.

Searching around DDTS I don't find the bug but I'm pretty sure one has been opened on this already - I'll follow up with it.

In the meantime, you can set this in SQL directly if you need to - the PWs on templates are stored in clear text (as they appear in the SA) - of course once used for a real subscriber they're stored as an MD5 hash. You can open SQL enterprise manager if you have it and go to the SubscriberTemplate table and change the PwDTMF column to be whatever you want.

If you don't have Enterprise Manager installed you can open up the Unity Database Explorer (you'll find this in Tools Depot on your desktop) and go to the Query Builder in there - use the query "UPDATE SubscriberTemplate SET PwDTMF='12345' WHERE Alias='defaulttemplate'" That will change the default subscriber template - the alias for the admin template is "DefaultAdminTemplate".

Just to follow up on this, the bug for this is CSCef07484 - it's not showing up in the bug tool yet - it was added yesterday so it'll probalby get picked up by the crawler tonight.

dugward
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here, same version also. Even with a new template, it's still putting the wrong password in and won't let me change it.