cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1 message to 2 mailbox

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering the best way to handle this. I need a caller to be able to dial an extension that is forward all to voicemail. I need a greeting to play and the caller then leaves a voicemail. That message then needs to go to two different mailboxes.

I have tried using a call handler that then goes to a public distribution list. This works good but can not get into the call handler greeting to record a new greeting.

What is the best way to achive what I am trying to accomplish?

Can you have a mailbox forward a message automatically to another mailbox?

Thanks

Trae

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Trae,

Here is a short note to add to the good info you have received from Greg and Mike.

Changing Call Handler Greetings through the TUI with Unity 4.0

Starting with Unity version 4.0, an administrator is able to record a call handler greeting, enable or disable the alternate greeting for a call handler, and determine which greeting is currently active for a call handler, all remotely over the telephone user interface (TUI). This document explains how to configure the Cisco Unity Greeting Administrator (CUGA). This feature allows the owner of a call handler to record or enable the greetings of that call handler over the TUI. There are two different configurations covered in this document. The first allows users to dial a specific extension or Direct Inward Dial (DID) to reach the CUGA. The second allows subscribers to access the CUGA while they are logged in to their mailbox. In both cases, subscribers can change only the greetings they own. For more information on this feature please see the Unity 4.0 release notes.

Use the process below to verify that CUGA has been properly configured.

Dial the number to access the CUGA (based on your call routing configuration).

Enter the ID of the call handler owner.

Enter the password of the call handler owner.

Enter the extension of the call handler.

Follow the Cisco Unity prompt to toggle between greetings or record greetings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801543ef.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

actually, if the call handler works as you like, you can use the 'greetings administrator' to get in and record/reRecord a new greeting for the call handler.

please see the following link for more info on the 'greetings administrator':

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6509/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805580c1.html#wp1045097

also, alternate extensions may be able to help you depending on your requirements. please see the following link for more info on alternate extensions:

(where a single VM box can be shared between two or more phones)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml

Thanks for the links. I must be missing something though. I have a number set for the Call Handler but when Unity ask me for the "enter your ID", I put in the Call Handler ext, and get a "invalid entry".

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Why are you unable to record a greeting for the Call Handler? You just need to assign an extension to the Call Handler (doesn't need to be a valid phone extension) and then use then dial into the Unity Greetings Administrator to record the greeting or you can record the greeting right from the Call Handler page in the SA Web.

I do have an extension number assigned to the Call Handler.

Maybe I am missing the dialing into the Unity Greeting Administrator? Would that be the same way as I (as a subscriber)would access my greeting?

What I am doing is this: dial into Unity, press * to be prompted for "enter your ID followed by #", when I enter the extension number for the Call handler I get a message that it is an invalid number.

The SA Web will not work since the person that will record it does not have a web browser.

Thanks

Trae

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Trae,

Here is a short note to add to the good info you have received from Greg and Mike.

Changing Call Handler Greetings through the TUI with Unity 4.0

Starting with Unity version 4.0, an administrator is able to record a call handler greeting, enable or disable the alternate greeting for a call handler, and determine which greeting is currently active for a call handler, all remotely over the telephone user interface (TUI). This document explains how to configure the Cisco Unity Greeting Administrator (CUGA). This feature allows the owner of a call handler to record or enable the greetings of that call handler over the TUI. There are two different configurations covered in this document. The first allows users to dial a specific extension or Direct Inward Dial (DID) to reach the CUGA. The second allows subscribers to access the CUGA while they are logged in to their mailbox. In both cases, subscribers can change only the greetings they own. For more information on this feature please see the Unity 4.0 release notes.

Use the process below to verify that CUGA has been properly configured.

Dial the number to access the CUGA (based on your call routing configuration).

Enter the ID of the call handler owner.

Enter the password of the call handler owner.

Enter the extension of the call handler.

Follow the Cisco Unity prompt to toggle between greetings or record greetings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801543ef.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks. That was the part I was missing.