Views
Helpful
Replies

2.46 administrator not associated to subscriber

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

The administrator acct was working fine w/Unity 2.46 yesterday but today is not working anymore. Nothing has changed apparently, but now we can't get into unity system admin pages.

Does grantAdminAccess unity tool work with 2.4.6 - it is not on the server and isn't downloadable from the unity tools site.

Looked over the windows user account config and everything looks right. We are able to login and do other stuff with this account.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To log in to the SA you are required to log in with an NT account that is associated to a Unity subscriber and is assigned to a Class of Service (COS) in Unity that has SA access rights. By default the Example Administrtator is assigned to a COS that allows SA access.

Couple things to try:

1. Log in using the EAdministrator account like Jeff suggested, but I think the default NT password was actually 12345678 not 12345 I could be wrong but worth a try.

2. If that does not work and you can not reset the NT password for EAdministrator, you could associate the EAdministrator account with an NT account of your choice using the Exchange Administrator. To do this, refer to the following technote:

Cannot Access Cisco Unity System Administrator

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unityxchg_sysadmin.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, grantUnityAccess is for Unity 3.0(1) and later only, it doesn't work with 2.x versions.

Can you log into the SA with the Example Administrator account? If that account has been deleted then the only other way to get into an older 2.x system is by going through DOHPropTest and assigning an account to an admin COS manually...

Jeff, Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you have a link/document on how to do the DohProptest fix?

What is the password for the Example Admin account or is there one? Eadmin right?

The account is not deleted on the system. Were able to log into windows with Administrator just fine, but not Unity System Admin web pages. Get web page back that saids access denied, and the account is not associated to unity subscriber.

By default the PW for the example administrator is "12345" out of the box in the 2.x systems if I remember correctly. If you can get in this way that's the easiest method - then you can assign other accounts to admin COSes to allow them into the SA.

Also, if you haven't already you may want to bounce the IIS and WWW services on the box - it wasn't unheard of for the authentication layer to "jam" and need a swift kick in the pants - this does not restart Unity, it just cycles the web services.

We bounced IIS , WWW already. And also rebooted.

What about the DohPropTest method you mentioned? Any instructions anywhere? I've got a TAC case open on this as well.

To log in to the SA you are required to log in with an NT account that is associated to a Unity subscriber and is assigned to a Class of Service (COS) in Unity that has SA access rights. By default the Example Administrtator is assigned to a COS that allows SA access.

Couple things to try:

1. Log in using the EAdministrator account like Jeff suggested, but I think the default NT password was actually 12345678 not 12345 I could be wrong but worth a try.

2. If that does not work and you can not reset the NT password for EAdministrator, you could associate the EAdministrator account with an NT account of your choice using the Exchange Administrator. To do this, refer to the following technote:

Cannot Access Cisco Unity System Administrator

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unityxchg_sysadmin.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: