cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Automated Attendants on one Unity box?

dave.drolett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a single Unity 4.0(3) box that is currently acting as a voicemail server with a pilot extension of 500.

It also acts as an automated attendant by having CCM translate the incoming calls to 500, then the caller is prompted with the Greeting, directory handler, etc.

I would like to create another automated attendant that will answer when another incoming number is dialed that will perform the same tasks as the first, but play different greetings.

Is this possible without interfering with the first?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

If I understand you correctly, you will create a new CTI route point on CCM to dial a new number, say 501. You want the caller to hear a different greeting, but have the same actions as your 500 auto attendant. Yes, you can do this. In the Unity SA, go to Call Handlers. Click the + sign to add. Enter the name of the new handler and click the radial button that says "Base on existing handler". Click the down-arrow in the field to display your current call handlers. Pick the main auto attendant for your 500 pilot. Add this new handler. Change the extension of this new one to be your new pilot number. All of the options, including the caller input keys and greetings will be copied from the originating handler. Go to the Greetings page of the new handler and update the greeting. If you have Messages going to a subscriber or distribution list, you may want to change that behavior. Also, any transfer options are copied. Be sure to check those to ensure it does what you want. This is bitten me a few times when I copied one call handler to another and forgot to change the transfer (also check if an Alternate transfer or greeting has been set). This should get you started :-) To learn more about Unity's audio text applications, you can go to www.ciscounitytools.com. You can add the Audiotext application to your Unity server (it is supported) to help document your call handler flow.

Ginger