Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2 greetings for one subscriber

Hi, I would like to know if I can have 2 greetings on the same subscriber. I'm using Unity 4.2.1 with Exchange 2003.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 2 greetings for one subscriber

You 5 greeting options, it all depends on what you're looking for. You have Standard, Internal, Closed, Alternate and Busy.

Thanks, bit what I need is to have a french greeting and an english greeting for the same subscriber.

i.e. a subscriber has 2 extensions, one for the french and another for english, but just one account in unity. How can I do that ?

Bronze

What about setting up 2 Call Handlers and 1 VM box for the user? Set your Unity Routing Rules to route to the Greeting for the French Call Handler if one extension was dialed, send the calls to the Greeting for an English Call Hanlder if the other extension was called. Then just set the Call Hanlders to go to the Subscribers Mailbox after playing the greeting. Call Hanlders don't use Subscriber licenses so you're not wasting any of them.

Cisco Employee

Just to follow up here - Unity has one set of greetings for each handler subscriber - so the call handler trick noted above is really your only option to provide mutliple sets of greetings in different languages for a single handler or subscriber.

Unity Connection does languages a bit differently and can support multiple sets of greetings for each subscriber or handler. IN other words you can record 4 standard greetings (English, French, German, Japanese for instance) for a subscriber if you wish. the language of the call that hits the subscriber in that case dictates which one is played - if the language of the call does not match a language of the greeting that's recorded, the default language is used.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content