cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 languages , 1 voicemail

nixon1234
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that wants to record a french and an english greeting for his one and only voicemail box (unity7. Such as press 1 for english and 2 for french. Is it possible to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Sure! On the user's greeting, make sure you have the check box "allow caller input" checked - During greeting. I recommend using ViewMail for making the user's recording as you can "append" wav files together - part of his greeting in English and the remainder in French, for example. User could record, "You have reached the voicemail box for Jacque Cousteau, to leave me a message in English press 1. To leave me a message in French, press 2" In Unity SA, create two call handlers. For each call handler, designate Jacque as the Message Recipient. Finally, on the subscriber's record in the Unity SA, go to Caller Input. On the 1 key, select the English call handler and select the option "Send to Greeting". Repeat for the key 2 to select the French call handler. Both voice messages will go to Jacque. Mini auto attendants like this work great for technical support people who want to leave callers the option to leave messages for other folks or transfer to another number when they are on vacation.

Hope this helps! Ginger

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Sure! On the user's greeting, make sure you have the check box "allow caller input" checked - During greeting. I recommend using ViewMail for making the user's recording as you can "append" wav files together - part of his greeting in English and the remainder in French, for example. User could record, "You have reached the voicemail box for Jacque Cousteau, to leave me a message in English press 1. To leave me a message in French, press 2" In Unity SA, create two call handlers. For each call handler, designate Jacque as the Message Recipient. Finally, on the subscriber's record in the Unity SA, go to Caller Input. On the 1 key, select the English call handler and select the option "Send to Greeting". Repeat for the key 2 to select the French call handler. Both voice messages will go to Jacque. Mini auto attendants like this work great for technical support people who want to leave callers the option to leave messages for other folks or transfer to another number when they are on vacation.

Hope this helps! Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: