Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2 Unity Servers - One Exchange/One Notes

Hi,

I will be setting up 2 Unity servers, one will be for Exchange and the other for Notes. They will both be version 4.1. There will be only 1 Call Manager server. My question is, how do these systems work together? How do you handle the phone directory that people search with 2 Unity servers? What about the Call Handlers, how do they work?

Any advise on how to make this all work would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Scott Turner

• Unified Communications Applications
7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 2 Unity Servers - One Exchange/One Notes

Since these two servers are not going to share the same directory (i.e. one is using AD one is using Domino) you'll need to use other networking options such as VPIM for interoperating. The place to start is the networking guide - here's a link to the guide for 4.0(5) which is still aplicable to 4.1(1):

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/net/index.htm

Thanks for your reply. After my posting I did some searching and came across the same thing. But thanks for help me to verify that is what I need to do.

I am seeing something about VPIM being a licensed feature. Is this true? What is the cost and how do I get licensed?

Thanks,

Scott

Cisco Employee

You'll have to talk to your account team about pricing and such - we never discuss such things out here on the forum... we're just a bunch of weenie engineerings, we don't have access to that info!

Will I need to have 2 Call Manager servers, one "talking" to each Unity server or can you have one call manager to both untiy servers regardless of what message store they are using?

Cisco Employee

Sure - a single unity server can be configured to talk to multiple CM servers - here's a link to a white paper that talks about some of the details of setting that up:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a00800872c8.shtml

Lindborg,

Thank you for your continute assistance in answering my questions. Maybe I did not make myself clear. I was talking about 2 Unity servers (1 Exchange & 1 Domino) to 1 CM, not the way you answered. Sorry if I confussed you. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Scott

Bronze

Yes, you can use 1 CM for this. In CM, you would run the Voice Mail Port Wizard twice: once for the Unity/Exchange and once for the Unity/Domino. Of course there's more to configuring the CM than that... but that's the high-level answer.

Nancy

Views
Helpful
Replies