Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2821 with AIM-CUE card echoing prompt and command entered

Is there any way to control the prompt on AIM cards? I have a command reference for 3.0 and above, but the normal config commands like "prompt ..." don't exist.

The problem this device presents is that it does not output a clean text-based prompt, such as "CUE-48101# " in response to a command or carriage return. Instead it appears to output the following:

<cr><esc>[0;1mCUE-48101<bs>1#<bs># <bs>

Here, <bs> is backspace, <esc> is the escape character, <cr> is the carriage return. Visually it seems fine to a user at the terminal, but for a program it's a nightmare. In addition, the device is echoing both the prompt and the command issued, so my ability to know when the output has stopped is compromised.

My understanding is that there's a Linux kernel underneath, that implements the IOS-like command syntax from the user, but I don't know how to disable this ridiculous painting of the screen. Any insights you can provide are greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: 2821 with AIM-CUE card echoing prompt and command entered

Which port are you using? Should be base 2000 + tty.

Views
Helpful
Replies