cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 with AIM-CUE card echoing prompt and command entered

uzmausmani
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to control the prompt on AIM cards? I have a command reference for 3.0 and above, but the normal config commands like "prompt ..." don't exist.

The problem this device presents is that it does not output a clean text-based prompt, such as "CUE-48101# " in response to a command or carriage return. Instead it appears to output the following:

<cr><esc>[0;1mCUE-48101<bs>1#<bs># <bs>

Here, <bs> is backspace, <esc> is the escape character, <cr> is the carriage return. Visually it seems fine to a user at the terminal, but for a program it's a nightmare. In addition, the device is echoing both the prompt and the command issued, so my ability to know when the output has stopped is compromised.

My understanding is that there's a Linux kernel underneath, that implements the IOS-like command syntax from the user, but I don't know how to disable this ridiculous painting of the screen. Any insights you can provide are greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which port are you using? Should be base 2000 + tty.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: