Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

2nd language call handlers

I'm configuring a unity 4.0.5 um system and need to set the auto attendant for 2 languages. I've got the languages installed and enabled. Now I need to configure the callhdlrs.

Basically, caller gets asked to hit 1 for english, 2 for spanish. Then the greeting etal, play in that language.

Do I need to duplicate all the call hdlrs for each languages or is there an easier way to do it?

I thought of using the inherited option but don't see how the recorded greeting would play in 2 languages unless a seperate ch is uses, one recorded in english and the other in spanish.

Rob

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: 2nd language call handlers

In Unity you will have to use seperate hanndlers that play greetings in different languages - in Connection a single handler has a set of greetings which you can add for each language you want it to play - which is a bit nicer (although 1.1 Connection has a couple bugs in this area - the 1.2 release coming out in a few weeks has smoothed them out).

But for Unity a handler has one set of greeting rules associated with it, not multiple - so for multiple language auto attendant applications you will need seperate handlers. You might consider using the Audio Text Manager application -you'll find it in the tools depot on your desktop- since it makes creating such trees of handlers much quicker and easier than using the web based SA for such things.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content