Views
Helpful
Replies

3Gig in c:\documents and settings\unitymsgstoresvc

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi all -

I'm cleaning up some disk space on my Unity servers C drive post 4.2(1) upgrade. For example, I moved the msde4.tmp directory, used by the SQL SP4 upgrade. On one of my servers, I found 3Gig in the profile information for the unitymsgstoresvc account. Most of these files are vsf*.tmp. May I delete these safely? I checked our forum and Cisco online, but couldn't find anything related. There was a bug in 4.1 related to vsf* files, but I skipped this version (went from 4.0(5) to 4.2(1)).

Thanks much! Ginger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Checked with the boys on the messaging team and they tell me it's fine to delete these files...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Checked with the boys on the messaging team and they tell me it's fine to delete these files...

Awesome Jeff! Please thanks the messaging team too :-)

Sincerely,

Ginger

Also, one of the messaging guys speculates that these are portions or complete WAV file temp files hanging around for some reason - if you see one of them again, can you snag it? Or try renaming it to .WAV and see if it actually plays.

The MIU makes temporary files when streaming for recording prior to pushing it to it's destination (i.e. the Exchange mailstore) - it _should_ clean these all up after the recording is complete but there may be an error scenario not being captured letting it live on...

Hi Jeff -

I had deleted most of these, but found two left on one server. They were created in January 2006, when we were still on Unity 4.0(5). I checked each 4.2(1) server this morning and found no new vsf*.tmp files in the profile of the Unitymsgstoresvc. Note: I can see, as you indicated, wavx.tmp files appearing in this same directory c:\documents and settings\unitymsgstoresvc\local settings\temp and showing 0 bytes, then increasing in size, and finally disappearing as they are moved to the mailstore (pretty cool)! I copied the two remaining vsf*.tmp files to my own PC and renamed them to .wav. I was able to play and observe they are the same partial recording. I have attached for your reference.

Sincerely,

Ginger