Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3rd party application for reseting Unity VM pins?

I'm looking for a third party application that would be webbased to have our subscribers be able to reset their Unity VM pins if they forget what it is. I have done this type of wtih NT ids and have them reset their pw over the web. The system asks a series of questions to validate them, then it will reset to a default pw, etc. Is there a way to set this up in Unity for subscribers?

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: 3rd party application for reseting Unity VM pins?

Hi -

Unity has this feature if the user accounts associated with your voicemail enabled users are not disabled. In the Class of Service - Features section you can enable the Unity Assistant (called the Active Assistant in previous Unity versions like 3.1(5). Users use a webpage on the Unity server and login using their AD account, password, and domain information, using Windows Integrated Authentication. On the Profile page, users can reset their own password without knowing the original password because they have already been authenticated. The website for Unity 3.1(5) which I ran for Active Assistant was http://unityservername/web/aa. When we migrated to 4.0(3), we were using Unity Assistant webpage, which is http://unityservername/ciscopca; which stands for Personal Communications Assistant. Depending on the Unity platform and version you are running, voicemail versus unified messaging, there are so many PCA sessions allowed. Check out the platforms list for your server to be sure. I do not remember which exact version of Unity switched to Unity Assistant webpage.

Hope this helps! Ginger

probably two things.

PCA is a license

Voicemail only domain, so my subscribers really don't log into that domain.... another un and pw.... ugg

I'm running 4.2(1). And teh Web/aa does work. but since we are running a seperate Voicemail only domain, it's still going to be an admin nightmare to try and train or cordinate with users that this tool is available. If I were running in a UM domain... this would be easy...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content