Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

4.0.4 to 4.1.1 Upgrade Issues

Upgraded a 4.0.4 SR1 (with failover) fully functional unified messaging system to 4.1.1. After the upgrade, the Primary server is not reading the message stack correctly. It will take messages, light MWI, and you can access the messages via viewmail. Just cannot retrieve the messages from the TUI on the primary system. In failover mode, on the secondary server, everything works as advertised. We tried resetting the permissions via the wizard with no luck. All of the system check tools say everything is happy. The back end is off box Exchange 2003 SP1 as are the management tools on both Unity servers. Any ideas where to look to try and track this down? Thanks in advance for any help.

6 REPLIES

Re: 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 Upgrade Issues

Did you check all the Exchange Sps on the Unity Server? You may need to reinstall the Exchange sp's on the failover and primary.

Community Member

Re: 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 Upgrade Issues

We did try and rebuild the primary server and got the same results. I have not tried to reinstall the Exchange SP1 on top of itself. I will give that a try. Since the failover server works, I am at a loss why the primary would be having issues. The gather system utility says it is on Exchange 2003 SP1, but I would agree that it sounds like it is stuck in limbo. I'll give that a try and post a follow up.

Re: 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 Upgrade Issues

Check for SQL errors in the replication. Sounds like the replication has lost some information or correct rights/permissions.

Community Member

Re: 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 Upgrade Issues

OK, there are some errors on the replication. Is there a document on how to rebuild the replication as the failover wizard does not seem to be doing a good job. (I have tried it about 10 times and it completes successfully and still has errors). I also tried to reinstall the Exchange 2003 SP1. It also completed successfully with no change to the issue. Any ideas?

Re: 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 Upgrade Issues

You can try to get TAC on the phone and they are pretty good at fixing the SQL Enterprise settings. It's pretty tricky. I would probably just try and remove failover completely from the boxes, and run the wizard again. It seems to be the only way to actually get it back working again I have found

Community Member

Re: 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 Upgrade Issues

Thanks. The work around for ES 11 fixed the message access issue. I am working with TAC to get that ES. Then I will see if I can straighten out the SQL stuff. I messed with it so much to try and get the message stack issue resolved, that I may have messed it up myself. Thanks again!

114
Views
3
Helpful
6
Replies
CreatePlease to create content