Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4.0(5) AvCs Error - AvDalDbDirectory.cpp exception and handled

Anyone see this before with unity 4.0(5) and have any ideas on cause? From hex value looks like maybe a permissions issue. First time I've seen this error on this unity server thats been in place awhile.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvCs

Event Category: None

Event ID: 100

Date: 8/24/2006

Time: 4:46:19 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Exception occurred and handled. File: e:\Views\cs_CU4.0.4.221\un_Doh1\Dal\DalDb\AvDalDbDirectory.cpp at Line: 685 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:

0x5F012F8D AvDalDbSvr.dll: <unknown symbol>

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: 4.0(5) AvCs Error - AvDalDbDirectory.cpp exception and handl

Hi,

Could you please the GUSI,

How ofter you get this error?

During an import or AD synch?

Any changes in Permissions or Group Policies that may affect,

Double check AVDSAD and AVDSGC are using the proper account- and have the proper permissions. (You may try re-running PW)

If that doesnt help then we will need to enable the Directory Monitor Traces in the Unity Diagnostic Tool and reproduce the issue

to give you a better response and root cause.

HTH

This is first time this error occured to my knowledge and the app log goes back quite a bit, and this was first occurance of this error. It happened 8 times all at the same time back to back then no more of them.

No one was making any changes or doing anything in AD at the time from what I have gathered so far.

Since this is first time I've seen this error and it hasn't happened before on this server, I was mainly interested in seeing if others have seen this or not, what they did/found, etc before really digging into it.

Will check into these things and post back later.

Thanks.

Bronze

I am on 4.2 but same thing happen to me. The other difference is that I got this first error which required a Unity physical restart and a week later got your error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Doh

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 32013

Date: 2007/10/13

Time: 01:25:31

Computer: CA1UNITY1

Description:

Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: 80040200H

Notes: All Cisco Unity Errors

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvCs

Event Category:

Event ID: 100

Date: 2007/10/19

Time: 18:44:47

Computer: CA1UNITY1

Description:

Exception occurred and handled. File: E:\Views\CU4.2.0.110\un_Doh1\Dal\DalDb\AvDalDbDirectory.cpp at Line: 685 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:

So far everything works so will also go on monitoring state and check on things out later.

Views
Helpful
Replies