Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

642-104 UCSE

I want to take that course, and I don't have any knowledge about Call Manager, All I have is the CCNA and CVOICE 642-432 certification

Should I take the CIPT before it or I can go for it

4 REPLIES

Re: 642-104 UCSE

Hi -

I took the UCSE course before I did the CIPT course, although I had about 6 months - 1 year experience with CallManager and another voicemail system integration at the time. My opinion, it is more important to have Windows and Exchange background if you are going to be supporting Unity unified messaging as it is tightly integrated with AD/Exchange. Of course this is not a requirement for Unity Connection; but it would still apply for a voicemail only server installed as a member server in a domain. You can get more of your integration experience by working directly with the Unity integration documents. The Unity course, as I remember it, is geared to integrations with CallManager. The first part of the course focuses on the system administration part of Unity, the last 3-days cover installing Unity; maintenance; all good stuff!

Sincerely, Ginger

Thanks for your reply,

I am already MCSE and exchange admin in the company so I have good knoweledge about that, my concern is the call Manager should I install it and play with it some while or even study CIPT or take the course

my goal is the UCSE so what is your recommendation for that

Hi again -

If you are going to also support CallManager, which includes required support for Unity, i.e. define CTI route points for Unity auto attendants; create voicemail ports in CallManager; configure for easy message access; and set directory number voicemail coverage and voicemail profile, I recommend you study the CIPT - better yet, get yourself a test CallManager and Unity server and a couple of IP phones. That environment will be beneficial for testing hotfixes and upgrades before touching your future production systems. Taking the UCSE course, including the labs, will give you a good foundation for the exam. But there will be other resources you'll want to study and taking the class will cover at least some of those.

Ginger

Thanks again

So what I understand now is either study CIPT or take the course right

So is it better to take the course because I don't have now IP phones in the company or I can download IP soft phone(give me a site to install as an evaluation)and study by my self

And then I think I can go for the UCSE

Agree ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content