cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7906G Deployment

Knightvoice_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have just received new 7906G phones. The device type does not show up in my phone type drop down menu when I try to add it. I am running 4.1.(3)sr2. Will upgrading to device package 4.1(43) solve this problem? I was told to also upgrade to 4.1.(3)sr5b but would rather not if I don't have to.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

Yes, this method should be just fine as well. There are many Bug Fixes between sr2 and sr5b so that would be a nice fit as well but maybe more than you want to bite off just to add support for the 7906G :)

Devpack 4.1(43) seems to fit the bill nicely;

Cisco Unified CallManager Device Package 4.1(43.0)

Release Notes Version 12

Be careful with this step if you don't want all 7900 series phone Model's firmware updated;

**Towards the end of the install it will prompt you "Update ALL devices firmware defaults?", (IMPORTANT) If you click "yes", it will change the default firmware load for all devices to the latest load packaged with this device pack, click "no" if you want to change the loads manually yourself later.

From this doc;

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.1/ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-43_readme.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: