Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 2-Line Phone Bulk Load using BAT Tool

akinsolal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've been trying desperately for a few days now to bulk load some phones onto CCM. Each Device is a 7940 phone and is to have 2 lines per phone. I've created the phone template, the csv/text files. It is passes at the point of validation but comes up with an error at the point of insertion. I tried all sorts of combinations, tried to insert just 1 phone, tried to insert several, used all the mandatory and optional fields, but all to no avail. I have also tried to load the first line solely and then add the 2nd to it but without luck. The error is: Data in record number 1 does not match the corresponding sample file / number of lines and speed dials in phone template chosen.

I have also tried working backwards by exporting details of a phone with 2 lines and tried to use the same template to import my data.

Some sample files have been attached. Any efforts on this will be greatly appreciated as I have hundreds of phones to load!

15 Replies 15

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lola,

Have a look under BAT Administration at the Phone Template Configuration>Phone Button Template Information that you have chosen for this BAT insert. The Phone button Template needs to match the exact number of lines that you are trying to use.

For example: If you are using the Standard 7940 Phone Button Template, it is set up for 1-Line and 1-Speeddial Button. You would need to create a new Phone button Template based on 2-Lines and 0- Speeddial buttons (call it 7940-2Line perhaps) and use this newly named Phone Button Template in the BAT Phone Template.(WOW that's alot of templates!) I think this is where things are going wrong.

Hope this helps!

Rob

akinsolal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response. My phone template is actually set as 7940-2line template as shown in the attachment. And I've set up each line within the template too.

Hi Lola,

That is very strange?? This may sound like a stupid question, but did you view the "Standard 7940-2Line" Phone button Template to see if it is correct? I have recieved this error before;

Data in record number 1 does not match the corresponding sample file / number of lines and speed dials in phone template chosen.

It has always been a mismatch between the number of lines in the .csv and the actual phone button template chosen.

Let me know,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, I've viewed the 2line template. Please find attached templates for the two lines. Cheers.

Hi Lola,

I am explaining this horribly :( Sorry. Have a look at **(View button list)** as shown below;

Phone Template Configuration

Phone Button Template Information

STANDARD 7940-2Line **(View button list)**

Let me know, if possible I will try to run your .csv later

Rob

Hi Rob,

It shows 'Line 2' on the 1st button and 'Line' on the 2nd button.

Cheers

Please do you have any other brainwaves regarding this issue?

Regards,

Lola

Hi Lola,

I can't run your BAT file, as we are running two different versions :(

I think I would start over from scratch here. I am still thinking that there is a mismatch in the number of lines in the .csv and the BAT Template. Are you using the default layout (Phones or Phones/Users) from your version of BAT.xlt or a custom file?

Try a simple insert with 1 phone with 1 Line using a new BAT Template and the Phones (only) layout from BAT. For me it looks like this;

aaabbbcccddd,test,,6007,test6007,,,,,,,

And a simple 2-Line looks like this;

aaabbbcccddd,test,,6007,test6007,,,,,7777,

Maybe you could try using one of these with the mac of your test phone and see how it works.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for your email. I'm using a custom file and there's never been a problem adding just 1 line.

What is the appropriate header for a 2-line phone: Is it

1) NUMBER OF LINES,MAC ADDRESS,DESCRIPTION,DIRECTORY NUMBER,LINE TEXT LABEL,DIRECTORY NUMBER, LINE TEXT LABEL

Hi Lola,

For our version of BAT it looks like this;

MAC Address, Description, Location, Directory Number 1, Display 1,Line Text Label 1, Forward Busy Destination 1, Forward No Answer 1, Call Pickup Group, Directory Number 2, UserID,

123456789123,test,,6007,test 6007,,,,,7007,

Rob

Thanks Rob. I shall try this and come back to you.

Hi Rob,

I have tried your suggestion above but this unfortunately still doesnt work. It comes up with some 'line field error'.

This validates but can not be inserted: NUMBER OF LINES,MAC ADDRESS,DESCRIPTION,DIRECTORY NUMBER,LINE TEXT LABEL,DIRECTORY NUMBER 1,LINE TEXT LABEL 1. It comes out with a Type Mismatch error - 2146828275

This does not validate: NUMBER OF LINES,MAC ADDRESS,DESCRIPTION,DIRECTORY NUMBER 1,LINE TEXT LABEL 1,DIRECTORY NUMBER 2,LINE TEXT LABEL 2.

It comes out with: Lines can be configured only if there are line fields in the file format.

Rob,

It does work now using the BAT.xlt template. Thanks for your effort.

Lola

Good stuff Lola! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Can you let us know what the problem ended up being.

Take care,

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: