Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

8.6.2 Upgrade Error

After loading the 8.6.2.21900-5.sgn upgrade (upgrading from 7.1.5.31900-3) the call manager reboots, which is correct, but during the 8.6 software load the following error occurs:

"Requested Partition Does Not Exist"

Unable to Locate Partition 1 to use for /common

Press "OK" to reboot your system

"OK" is the only option and when selected it causes the call manager to reboot back to attempting the load again, and it turns into an endless loop.    

The platform is a MCS 7825I4 with 4GB ram,  also the upgrade file being used is "UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.2.21900-5.sgn.iso"

I've completed two fresh installs of 7.1.5 with new hard drives and restored database to the CUCM and attempted the upgrade with the same results.  Yes, I did upload the "ciscocm.refresh.upgrade_v1.0.cop.sgn" and restart before beginning.  Also, I disabled extention mobility before starting.

Any help would really be appreciated!

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

8.6.2 Upgrade Error

hey JJ

what are you hard drive specs.

Niket

Cisco Employee

8.6.2 Upgrade Error

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtt38350

looks like a very close match to what you are experiencing, along with the drive specs can you also attach the install upgrade logs

Views
Helpful
Replies