cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

911 Intercept

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

I tried setting up a 911 intercept using Unity and it doesn't seem to fully work like I want it to. I setup a route pattern to set 911 calls to go to the voice mail pilot and the router pattern is set to use the Calling Parties External Mask. I then setup Call Routing in Unity to take any calling number that is 814555XXXX and send it to a Call Handler with a 911 message. After the greeting, the call is sent to a 2nd Call Handler that will place the 911 call. The problem is the voice mail port number is the number that is sent. If I send the call to a IP phone, the correct name and number is displayed at the top of the phone, but at the bottom of the display it shows the voice mail port number. Is there any way to make this work? Thanks!

20 Replies 20

So, the initial question here was, when you intercept with Unity, then send the call out to 911, can you maintain the CLID of the Calling phone and not have it be overwritten and have the source look like the call is coming from Unity?

We've added CER at one site, and now not only is the PSAP annoyed, internal people get emails and phone calls that 911 was dialed.

I was able to make CLID stay the same. Make sure you set the call transfer on the CH to "yes, ring subscriber directly at number" xxxx and (obviously) fill in the xs. On that page, make sure it says release to switch, then it does a blind transfer. From my recollection when I mocked this up, it maintained original CLID. Now, if you are doing any kind of funky CLID masking, your mileage may vary.

Loy

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

I did a setup, not involving unity, that intercept all 911 calls .. and prevent false positive...

That was quick:

- HuntPilot 911 in pt911 for your site

- Pilot hunt to Reception/security, whatever

-- just let it ring 1 times (this will log the call on the reception/security phone)

- Then continue the hunting to 911 (Forward no answer on the hunt)

(I have a set of 911001, 911002 partition, attached to RP, the Forward CSS on the HP, is the Phone CSS for siteX

Same:

HP: 911

PT: site01svc911-Internal

HL: site01svc911-Hl

--> this hl contain : reception "dedicated" DN

Timeout : 6 sec

Forward no Answer: 911001

Forward no Answer CSS: csphoneSite01-Svc911

911001 as a RP in site01svc911-Route

This is going to get you the log on the "interception phone", leaving you the trace about who called 911 for real or not.

This is introducing a Very small delay. Imperceptible, for the user, as this is ringing, ringing, on is side.

And you get ride of potential Unity Down/application down issue.

That will work...however, just to let everyone know, if you set the CFWD on failure/busy/no answer on that RP that points to unity to the external emergency route pattern, you can get around the failure point mentioned.

Just in case you were wondering.

Not sure, for your solution. But i wounder How you get your RP (CTI RP) to register on CCM? And let it then use CFF, CFNA, CFB ?

Did I miss something ? How you get Unity to register a CTI RoutePoint ?

Martin

Well, good point. I was actually thinking about the CER RP in a different conversation...I'll have to try that out in my lab to see if you can get it to CFF...but you're right. If it's not registered (i.e. dummy rp), it probably wont work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: