Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A few question about Unity (5.0.1)

Hi, all,

1. Is there a way to access Unity /web/sa from any pc, that is not member of the windows domain ?

I mean the situation, where the remote pc is absolutely inrelative to windows domain account UnityAdmin ?

2. While I'm using MediaMaster Control (MMC) Unity plugin on the Subscriber profile window to record subscriber's

voice name the problem occurs: the incoming call is placed into target dn (in my case it is CIPC), then I answer,

hear the short beep tone, control buttons are changed to MMC, but then quickly returns back into initial state,

where only Record Button is active. It means, that when I have established call, proposed for recording voice name,

the recording process actually doesn't take place.

Any advices ?

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can reach Unity SA from any PC, anywhere, as long as you have access to the Unity server on the network. If the PC is not in the windows domain the Unity server is in, simple type in the domainname\unityadmin

For the MMC, it sounds like Unity has dialed your phone, you answered it, here the record beeps, but it's doing anything.

I think it's working, but maybe you are not use to it. It's a little tricky. When you hit record you can speak your greeting, then press stop. You should be able to hit play and here what you just recorded. If you like it, press the save button in the upper right corner to save that wav file.

If mmc is giving you issues, possibly your PC is having a problem with the snapin. For testing, try another PC to be safe or narrow down the problem.

Tommer, thanks a lot.

1. The format DOMAIN\UnityAdmin followed by the password has been accepted while I've been connecting from other Windows domain. That's the solution.

Another question is am I allowed to connect from account other than UnityAdmin ?

I've read that Windows account have to be associated with Default Admin Unity Account,

but how does it accomplished in terms of configuration ?

2. As for MMC I've tried to use my soundcard also from my new pc with such a hardware, and it works for playback and recording without any problems.

The problem persists with IP-Phones however (ActiveX App, i mean MMC, can hang while recording; or if I want to hear the prerecorded message with phone and forward my call

there, connection is dropped for now. Mystics...

You can use "grantunityaccess" command. You can then add other accounts to access Unity System Administrator pages for full access or read only access. (depending on what you want based on Class of Service)

The file is located in the COMMSERV directory. in a cmd prompt window just use the grantunityaccess /? for all the commands. (or search the forums here for more tips.)

Check on your Unity server if you are having any DCOM issues in the Windows Event Log.

Also, which version are running? 4.x or 5.x?

Thanks!

u can also find the instructions here:

Accessing the Cisco Unity Administrator

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/administration/guide/ex/sag_0020.html

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: