cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A few questions about the directory handler

briley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is using Unity as an auto attendant. I also have am using the default directory handler for dial by name functions. They have two problems. The first one is how do they setup accounts in Unity to be listed even when they do not go through the unity enrolment. They have lots of task based workers that they do not want to give VM to but they want them listed in dial by name, so they do not want them going through the enrolment process of unity Vm. Also along with these task based workers they may have two or three that share one IP phone extension. How can I list multiple people in the directory but have them go to the same IP phone? Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To be listed in the directory handler subscribers must have a recorded voice name and have the "list in directory" option set - so if folks don't go through first time enrollment then the admin will have to create a voice name for them. You can't have users without a voice name (for confirmation purposes) that show up in the name dialer.

Having multiple folks have the same transfer string is no problem - each user must have a unique extension but their transfer string (i.e. the thing Unity dials to ring the phone on a transfer) can be the same. So you'd set up multiple users with unique extensions and a shared transfer number and you're fine. The name dialer wont care about that...

I thought that was the case with the spoken name issue. No big deal.

The other issue with the fake extensions is that bad either but the problem is they would like the extension announced with the name. Under directory Handler I want the extension format option so it says the users extension. The problem with this is that it says the fake extension instead of the shared ext that it will transfer to. If I use Menu format then it simply says press 1,2,3.... which will work but is not exactly what they want.

Any other things to try?

Nothing else to try because that's how it's designed to work - there's no option to voice the transfer string instead of the extension...