Views
Helpful
Replies

AA with CUCM BE 6K

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

I have a customer with 200 users. Around 180 users have DDI numbers which translate to their internal extensions, but the other 20 users have no DDI.

The customer wants to implement a solution whereby a person can dial in on a free DDI, say 123456789 and this will play a prompt asking for the extension of the person they want to reach.

Buying another server and implementing UCCX for just an AA is not an option for the customer at the minute.

What would be my best way to implement this? Could I set up AA on Unity and have the call coming in to CFA to voicemail and then play the greeting?

Would it be better to put a script on the H323 gateway to play the AA script and route the call straight to the CUCM?

Thanks

Sean

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's far easier to just send the calls to CUC and enable the checkbox for non-subscriber DNs so they can call anyone within your enterprise.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Do you mean an incoming dialpeer on the gateway to send the calls directly to Unity Connection, bypassing CUCM? I'm not very familiar with Unity and its features. Is there anywhere I can read more about non-subscriber DNs?

Thanks

Sean

No, you need to,send the calls via CUCM to CUC and then back.

Tha ability to transfer to non subscriber DNs is just a checkbox in the greetings config page

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java