Hi, Guys! I have two Business Edition 6000 and I installed Unity Connection 10.5 in one of them. I wanted to add Subscriber, but Subscriber couldn't find Publisher during its installation. I was trying to fix this issue, as result I began to delve into Cisco documentations. Eventually I found this information "The Unity Connection cluster feature is not supported for use with Cisco Business Edition" into "System Requirements for Cisco Unity Connection Release 10.x".Could someone explain the reason of this issue? And could someone give me recommendation how I can sort out this issue?
With Business Edition 6000, Unity Connection redundancy is supported
Scenario 1: Fully redundant configuration
● Cisco BE6000 Medium Density server 1: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Presence, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, and Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager (primary)
● Cisco BE6000 Medium Density server 2: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Presence, and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (secondary)
● Cisco BE6000 Medium Density server 3: Cisco Unified Attendant Console
– All user client and administrator sessions connect to the Unity Connection publisher server. If the Unity Connection publisher server stops functioning, the user client and administrator sessions must connect to the Unity Connection subscriber server.
– Phone systems must attempt to route incoming calls to the Unity Connection subscriber server. If no voice messaging ports are available to answer calls on the Unity Connection subscriber server, the phone systems must route calls to the Unity Connection publisher server.
There is a difference between a standard Business Edition server that you are referring to and the Business Edition 6000 that i have provided information about. As you are going to install BE 6000 you need to check documentation for BE6000 , not the standard Business Edition which only has a CUCM and Unity Connection co-resident on same server. Please let me know if it is clear now.
OK. Thank you for you cleared up this for me. But I have a problem with installation Subscriber Server for Unity Connection. I did all of configurations according to guide for adding subscriber server. But, I got an error a description which I attached below. I was also subscribers for CUCM and IM and Presence Server before. I didn't face any issues during installation. But I stumped because of adding subscriber for Unity Connection. Could you help me?
admin:run sql select name from processnode
Output of command 'run sql select name from processnode'.
Manish Gogna, I attached curious information about Unity Connection 10.x below. It's according to http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/requirements/10xcucsysreqs.html#pgfId-360177. What;s your take on "Note The Unity Connection cluster feature is not supported for use with Cisco Business Edition." What does it mean in this case?