cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access lists for Call Manager

mdavis1969
Level 1
Level 1

I am being asked by my security folks if you can apply an access list to Call Manager (not Call Manger expres or businness edition). My research said not. What I am trying to accomplish is a way to secure access to the web pages for CCM Manager and the like so that is not exposed to non-authorized personnel.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can. You need to be careful though; CUCM uses a lot of various ports. The easiest way is to only restrict HTTP/HTTPS (TCP 80,443,8080,8443) to appropriate source subnets. Take a look at the

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6(1) TCP and UDP Port Usage for details on what is used for client-to-server and server-to-server communications.

Please rate helpful replies.

View solution in original post

No. While CUCM runs ip tables you have no access to the configuration of it. You would need to write the ACL on an intermediate layer three device.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can. You need to be careful though; CUCM uses a lot of various ports. The easiest way is to only restrict HTTP/HTTPS (TCP 80,443,8080,8443) to appropriate source subnets. Take a look at the

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6(1) TCP and UDP Port Usage for details on what is used for client-to-server and server-to-server communications.

Please rate helpful replies.

Let me rephrase. What I meant to say is can you apply ACL in the CLI of Call Manager, not via an external firewall.

No. While CUCM runs ip tables you have no access to the configuration of it. You would need to write the ACL on an intermediate layer three device.

O.K. I thought that was the case. Just wanted to double check my facts. By the way, love the picture of you next the gaint 79XX phone. What a riot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: