Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Access to Federated Domains through Intra-Domain Federation

Hi All,

We are looking at having Lync and Jabber running in unison. Currently I have intra-Domain Federation working and playing nicely. I am now looking to extend the capability of the federation by enabling Jabber users to access Lync federated SIP domains via the Lync Edge. But also I would like to allow Lync users to access XMPP federated domains via the CUCM IM&P Server.

Currently I have CUCM + CUCM IM&P 9.1 Federated with Lync 2013.

I added an addition static route on the Lync 2013 Server for cisco.com and pointed it to the trusted application pool of the routing presence nodes.

I can see the SIP SUBSCRIBE messages getting to the IM&P node. It then procedes to attempt a connection to cisco.com via SIP TLS, instead of translating to to XMPP like I hoped it would. This is probably the expected behaviour of the SIP proxy on the IM&P server.

So essentially the question is

•      Is there any way known to force it to translate the sip SIMPLE to xmpp for domains that don't exist inside the enterprise.

Any help is appreciated.

regards,

Zack

2 REPLIES

Were you able to get this

Were you able to get this working?

Hi,     Unfortunately I found

Hi,

Unfortunately I found no way of getting this to work. So if you are in a situation where you have Lync and Jabber on the same SIP domain, there is no way I found to get Lync to contact XMPP federated partners through CUCM IM&P. 

This was a little while ago, and I have not attempted it since. So it may work with newer versions, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

regards,

Zack

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content