Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing the CAR database

Roycey Cheeran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to know the Quality experienced by each call in my network. I would like to create my own reports and alerts for the same. I know that the CAR tool already does that. Is there some way that I can access the CAR database, so that I can report on the data the way I want? I dont want to process the CDR/CMR records on my own. Ideally I would want to leverage the CAR tool to give me the processed data.

Does CAR use the same Informix db as the Call Manager? If yes, I have the Database dictionary. Can someone point out which tables that I should be looking at?

Any clue would be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Roycey

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's not the same database as the CCM DB, so the normal schema document doesn't cover it.

In fact, I'm not aware of ever seeing a published schema doc for CAR at all - though the actual CDR APIs are well-documented (http://developer.cisco.com/web/sxml/docs).

If you want to take a look at the CAR DB, you can get a list of tables from it like so (from an SSH session to the server running CAR):

run sql select tabname from car:systables where tabid >99

Using that list of tables you can take a look at each one:

run sql select first 5 from car:tbl_event_log

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

Thanks for the speedy response. Just a few more doubts. Does CAR run on a MS SQL db? Does the CAR db reside on the Call Manager or some where else.   Will the CAR user name and password be sufficient to access the db? I need to know the kind of DB the CAR DB is before I try to connect to it using SSH. Currently I access the CAR UI using the Browser.

Thanks

Roycey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: