Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Account Policy - Trivial Passwords

There seems to be a bug in the way that trivial passwords are detected during a password change. Unity correctly detects a trivial password if I change it in the SA. However it does not detect the trivial password if I check "Force user to change password at next logon". It bacically accepts any password that meets the minimum length requirement.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Account Policy - Trivial Passwords

Full Unity version?

Just tried this on my 4.2(1) installs and it works as it should...

Unity 4.1

Pri Ext: 6253

Min. PW length: 5

PW to remember: 2

Through SA it fails with trivial password error if I enter 62533. If I force the user to change it through the phone "User must change password at next login" it accepts the 62533. I also have the "Prompt for phone password/ Only when user calls from an unknown extension" turned on/enabled.

THX

Cisco Employee

Well, I know the TUI password checks don't look for the PW to be a subset of the primary extension or vice versa - it looks only for repeated digits, being equal to an extension (primary or alternate), length and making sure it's not in the history list of PWs - The SA must be making it's own checks if it's flagging a PW that is a superset of teh extension like that...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content