Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Active directory schema update query

Hello

We have a unity 3.1 presently running at a customer site.We are upgrading it to 4x.So we have planned to install a standby for 3.1 and replace the existing unity till the upgradation is finished.So i had list of questions before going ahead with the upgrade.We have a M/s exchange on a diff server and AD on a diff server.

1 Do i need to update the active dir schema again for 3x replacement server.

2 Do i need to update the AD schema for the upgrdation server 4x.

If at all i have do it please let me know about the following thing.

1 Where do i update the ADSchemaSetup.exe software i.e on my AD SERVER or on my unity.

1 REPLY

Re: Active directory schema update query

Hi -

1. No you do not need to update the schema again for the 3X replacement server.

2. Yes you will have to update the schema in preparation for installing Unity 4.X.

The schema is updated by running ADSchemaSetup.exe from the Unity CD/DVD on the AD domain controller that has the Schema Master role. To identify that server:

1. Click Start, click Run, type mmc, and then click OK.

2. On the Console menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in, click Add, double-click Active Directory Schema, click Close, and then click OK.

3. Right-click Active Directory Schema in the top left pane, and then click Operations Masters to view the server holding the schema master role.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content