cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add custom alert in RTMT

gb-fairchild
Level 1
Level 1

How do I add a custom alert in RTMT? I've done this before but can't remember how. Cisco documentation says you can do it but doesn't show how.

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Please refer to:

*** Alert Customization ***

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_1_3/ccmsrvs/ssrtmtal.html#wp1267142

Not sure if that's the link you already checked.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Teresa,

I looked at that documentation. Unless I am missing something it tells how to customize a pre-defined alert or an existing custom alert but not how to create a new custom alert. In my custom tab in Alert Central I have 3 custom alerts but it won't let me add any new ones.

Frustrating .....

Custom alerts need to be configured using the performance counters. Unfortunately the documentation does not provide too many details on how this works.

I just checked in my lab and the procedure is the following:

1. Go to System--> Performance--> Open Performance Monitoring

2. Find the device type you want to configure the alert to and expand it. You'll need to select a single counter instance to show in the right pane.

3. Right click on it and select "counter monitoring"

4. Right click on the chart and select "Set Alert/Properties"

5. Select the "Enable Alert" checkbox and configure the parameters needed.

6. You will be able to view the alert on the Alert's Custom tab.

Hope this clarifies a bit your question! If it's helpful, please rate :)

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I can't even get past step one.  It's grayed out.

I am in same boat.  Before, I don't know how I did it, but I was able to add all kinds of tabs.  Now no tabs.

NEVER mind, i had to go to Edit,New Category and it will create a new tab for you.  Not sure why I didn't see that before.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: