cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding another processor to our CUC virtual machine?

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a quick question I want to confirm.  We are running Cisco Unity Connection 8.6 as a virtual machine on one of our ESXi server.  Right now that virtual machine is running with one processor and we want to adjust it to use 2 processors.

My question is, if I change the processor from 1-2 will that cause any issues with its current licensing (e.g. do I need a new license)?  Or anything else I need to be aware of if we make this change?

Thank you!

-rya

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Actually adding vCPUs to Unity and CUC is not supported as outlined in the link Chris provided

• Support for adding virtual hardware resources (similar to moving from a less powerful server to a more powerful server, such as MCS 7825 ⇒ MCS 7845) depends on which resource, and which UC product:
  • Adding vCPU is supported for all apps except Unity and Unity Connection, but requires VM to be shutdown first.
  • Adding vRAM is supported but requires VM to be shutdown first.
  • Adding vDisk is not supported as it would require re-partitioning by the application.

You need to DRS your CUC VM and then rebuild it with the amount of vCPUs you want, so you can then restore your DRS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No licensing will be affected, though re-sizing is supported you have the follow some guidelines as described here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#Resize_Virtual_Machine

You cannot just add CPUs unless you align it to a specific OVA, which might be an issue fof UCXN deployments as there is no way to resize disk space, and disk space varies from 1 OVA to another.

HTH,

Chris

Actually adding vCPUs to Unity and CUC is not supported as outlined in the link Chris provided

• Support for adding virtual hardware resources (similar to moving from a less powerful server to a more powerful server, such as MCS 7825 ⇒ MCS 7845) depends on which resource, and which UC product:
  • Adding vCPU is supported for all apps except Unity and Unity Connection, but requires VM to be shutdown first.
  • Adding vRAM is supported but requires VM to be shutdown first.
  • Adding vDisk is not supported as it would require re-partitioning by the application.

You need to DRS your CUC VM and then rebuild it with the amount of vCPUs you want, so you can then restore your DRS.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks for the info everyone.

-rya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: