cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding devices to Unified Operations Manager without CiscoWorks

timothy.cribbs
Level 1
Level 1

We just purchased Unified Operations manager for our IPT network and in all the documentation, it says to add devices, you must add them to the DCR and then import them from the DCR into the Operations Manager. The DCR is a function of CiscoWorks. Is CiscoWorks required for me to use the Operations Manager? If not, how do I properly add devices to be monitored?

Trying to add 3 CallManagers and 300 IP phones.

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0 works with the entire family of CiscoWorks products. It runs on CiscoWorks Common Services Software 3.0, which is shared with applications such as CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS). Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0 integration with the CiscoWorks family includes:

CiscoWorks security roles

CiscoWorks server process and backup management services

Device and credential repository

Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) integration

In addition, Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0 can perform a context-sensitive launch of different CiscoWorks products (such as CiscoWorks Resource Manager Essentials, CiscoWorks CiscoView, CiscoWorks Campus Manager, and so on) from its different user interfaces to accelerate trouble isolation and resolution.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6535/products_qanda_item0900aecd80578374.shtml

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Timothy -

I'm just learning this application myself, so I hope this will be of some value to you:

- Go to your CUOM web page and login with an administer account. The monitoring dashboard will appear

- Click on the Devices Tab

- Select Add Devices

- If the Device type says "Unknown", Press the Select button and navigate down to Voice and Telephony. Select the MCS server type.

- Several Device Properties windows will appear. You need to specify either IP address or host name. I used IP address for our CCM and Unity servers.

- You will need to add the SNMP public and private string information you have coded on the CCM server.

Note the Add device section is not used for IP phones. You will use the Discover process for that.

- Once you save the information, go back to Ciew/Rediscover/Delete

- Press the Rediscover button

This will get you started.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: