Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Adding Exchange 2010 server to Unity 7.0 w/only Exchange 2003 currently

I know this question has been asked before, but I was wondering if I could get some clarification. We are migrating to Exchange 2010 from Exchange 2003, and are using a single Unity 7.0(2) voicemail server. The new 2010 server is in the same site. When I tested migrating a test user, and leaving a voicemail, the voicemail successfully made it into the client's inbox, and the Unity administrator page also showed that user was now found on a different server. The MWI light came on, but it won't go off. Also, when I attempt to access the voicemail from the phone, I get 'Sorry, your messages are not available'. I found the following document, which seems to indicate that there are some steps required to get this working.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/using_exch2010/usingex2010withcu7x5x.html#wp46611

I just wanted to confirm, and see if anyone else had done it successfully? I'm going to attempt it tonight. Also, it instructs me to uninstall the Exchange 2003 System Management Tools, but doesn't require me to install the 2010 tools? Is this right?

Views
Helpful
Replies