Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Additional Backup logs

In Unity are there any backup logs that detail all the files that were backed up using DiRT? If so where are they located on the server.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Additional Backup logs

The DiRT backup logs all it's activity to the dirty backup log that's stored in the direcotry where you pointed the backup to go - but for just a list of files it's easiest just to look at that folder - all the files DiRT touches during backup are there, no other temporary location or binary file is tucked away anywhere - it's a straight list.

Perhaps if you tell me exactly what you're hoping to accomplish here or what problem you're trying to diagnose I could be more help.

Bronze

We had a issue last week in which our backup unity server crashed, upon recovery the UnityDB database was missing. TAC engineer told us to recover the database which we were able to do from a backup. However, the primary and backup servers' DBs were not synchronizing due to missing stored procedures on the backup server.

The TAC engineer told us to rebuild the SQL server (uninstall/install) but that didn't help and so ultimately we had to rebuild then entire server. What I would like to know is wether or not the stored procedures are backed up as part of the DiRT backup?

Cisco Employee

The UnityDB database is backed up in one shot using the SQLDMO libraries provided by SQL. It's not a table by table or section by section thing, it's the whole blob. So the stored procs should be defined in the DB like everything else and included.

Views
Helpful
Replies