cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Additional Domain Controller

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I need to add Exchange DC and 2 Unity Servers to an existing Unity AD. Is it save to do that during business hours while the existing environment is operational? Can it cause any issues?

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as you're only adding a new DC and Exchange server and not removing/changing an existing one that the current Unity production system is using, this shouldn't cause any problems.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as you're only adding a new DC and Exchange server and not removing/changing an existing one that the current Unity production system is using, this shouldn't cause any problems.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I agree with Jeff. You should be ok. But I think you need to define what the two Unity servers are doing. Adding another Exchange server to an existing Exchange Site is simple to do. Looks like another server in the Org. Adding a DC does not harm the existing AD. But if you are adding these servers from over a slow WAN link, think about your design for Sites and Services and Exchange Routing groups. If not designed correctly, it will hinder you performance.

hope this helps.

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Additional 2 cents - You didn't mention the existing version of Unity. If you have unity 3.x and you are adding unity 4.x, the AD-schema has to be extended and the Schema master will take a hit.