Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Address to a private list via the telephone interface

Unity 4.2.1

I want to address a voice message to a private list I created. Looks like I can only do this via the web interface, Unity Inbox. Can this be true? I hope I am missing something. What about MAC users who can not access the Inbox and need to send to a list?

Thanks,

Beth

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Address to a private list via the telephone interface

Hi Beth,

You should be able to address a Private List via the phone. Have a look;

Sending a Voice Message by Phone

When you send a message, Cisco Unity sends the message to your intended recipients without ringing their extensions. You can send voice messages to Cisco Unity subscribers, and to public and private distribution lists.

You can address a message to more than one recipient or type of recipient. You address a message by using the phone keypad to either spell the subscriber name or to enter the extension of the subscriber.** When you address messages to private lists, you must use number entry.**

Do the following procedure to send a voice message when using either standard or Optional conversation 1 styles.

Step 1 Log on to Cisco Unity.

Step 2 Press 2.

Step 3 Follow the Cisco Unity conversation to address your message. Press ## to switch between spelling and number entry. (To address the message to a private list, you must switch to number entry.)

Step 4 Press 1 to add another name or list. Or Press # to record the message

Step 5 Press # to send the message. Or Press 1 for message options.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080647595.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Re: Address to a private list via the telephone interface

Thanks Rob,

I was very glad to see I did miss something.

Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content