Views
Helpful
Replies

Administration Access

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

When I access Unity it comes up with a screen saying

"Your Exchange Domain Account is associated with multiple Cisco Unity Subscribers. Please select the account you wish to log in." Is there a way to turn this screen off?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out the Credentials Viewer app - found in the tools depot on your dekstop but the latest is also here here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CredentialsViewer.htm

with this you can see which subscriber accounts in Unity have been mapped to the domain account you're logging in as - sounds like someone used GrantUnityAccess (also found in the tools depot on your dekstop) to map accounts. this is pretty common in situations where sites want to share credentials for admin purposes.

If you find the account(s) you'd like to "unmap" you can do this with GrantUnityAccess as well - instructions are there in the tools depot for doing that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out the Credentials Viewer app - found in the tools depot on your dekstop but the latest is also here here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CredentialsViewer.htm

with this you can see which subscriber accounts in Unity have been mapped to the domain account you're logging in as - sounds like someone used GrantUnityAccess (also found in the tools depot on your dekstop) to map accounts. this is pretty common in situations where sites want to share credentials for admin purposes.

If you find the account(s) you'd like to "unmap" you can do this with GrantUnityAccess as well - instructions are there in the tools depot for doing that.

Not applicable

Does this tool not work with Unity 5.0(1)? I see that I have a Credential table in my database....

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

I have been unsuccessful at running Credentials Map utility on my Unity 5.0 system. There simply aren't any records listed in the tool...

I have an Exchange 2003 mail store, and the tool says it works with Exchange 2000--not sure if that's an issue...

Anyone got any ideas? It sure would be nice to have this feature integrated into the application so my administrators don't need to terminal service into the box and run a command line...

mG

Such things are dicey to expose in the web admin for security reasons - leaving at a console access only app leaves those types of concerns off the table (i.e. you're logged in as an account that has rights to do such things).

Not sure what the deal would be with the Credentials Viewer - wouldn't have anything to do with the Exchange version - that doesn't come into play. I'm assuming the Unity DB changed how credentials mappings are stored/referenced and it wasn't updated along with it. Either way, you can also use the command line app "GrantUnityAccess" to view/create/remove associations - I believe the "-l" command line option for it is a "list" command to show the current associations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: