Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AdSchemasetup

Im going to Install Unity 4.2. My customer ran the the ADSchemasetup utility with success but I found out they ran it before completeing their Exchange installation. Will this cause any issues moving forward with the Unity istall.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: AdSchemasetup

Don't think it will make a difference. The schema setup extends the AD schema making changes/additions to the AD Schema that allows Unity to work.

I have taken a look at schema\ldifscripts\avdirmonex2k.ldf file located on the DVD 1 and the changes relate to the addition of attributes and mofification of containers for the new classes and attributes.

My understanding of changes to the AD schema are that they cannot be reversed only disabled.

I would be tempted to re-run ADSchemaSetup again but not sure what effect this will have, maybe worth asking TAC.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. I did open a TAC case to verify and they said I should be fine. It only adds the Unity attributes to AD

Hi -

Your customer must have the Exchange installation done, however, before you move forward with Unity. You can run the CUSPA part, but will need to have a working Exchange environment before proceeding with your message store configuration wizard. This means they would have run Forestprep and Domainprep for the first Exchange server installation.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies