Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AIM-CUE flash failures

Hello,

Does anyone else have AIM-CUE flashes up and stop working, and a RMA needed?

Got another one today where the AIM-CUE failed out of blue and the status on it from router saids service engine is in failed state.

Reset the CUE, while sessioned into it and watch boot process and it boots then halts. CF not recognized/supported. It is a cisco flash that came with AIM-CUE thats been working fine.

Tried to reseat it and same thing, then tried boot helper (cue-installer) and it won't even load up. Fails on init flash step.

Seem to run into issue with these every few months, sometimes more frequently.

Anyway to stop or prevent this? Have seen this on 2.1(2), 2.3(1) , 2.1(1) .

Is fastest way to get this back to RMA flash or whole module/flash and restore from backup? We had tried a new flash only once and got kernel mismatch error constantly and had to get a new AIM-CUE also.

Any one else see these AIM-CUE and flash issues often?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: AIM-CUE flash failures

Sounds like an issue. I just checked with the product team and the AIMs are not really known to fail at such a high rate. I would certainly make sure you open TAC cases for each occurrence so that we can start tracking serial numbers and such so if there is something more systemic, we can know about it.

Re: AIM-CUE flash failures

Yea. We have been to get them replaced. I was just curious what others experience was. We do have a higher number of these.

What is failure rate if say a router loses power, cold booted, etc multiple times if CUE not shutdown properly before power down? There was also an earlier CUE version bug where if you warm-booted the router about 10-15 mins after router was back up CUE would crash and reboot itself but that has been fixed in newer versions.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content