cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert on single handset unregistered ?

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I know there is an e-mail alert configured in RTMT to trigger when registered handsets drop by x%

However, I need to configure an alert when any single device is unregistered. As I have 700+ devices, setting an alert on "1%" unregistered is not sensitive enough. Setting the alert to "0%" seems to make the default setting if "10%" apply.

I've got a problem with handsets going missing. For the short-term I wanted notification if any are disconnected. I understand that in the long term, alerts like this would be too overwhelming and that the alerts in RTMT are to identify significant service issues, but have a short-term requirement to monitor this closely.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

a message is logged in the app log when a phone un-registers.

if it happens you can simply look at it and it'll have device, time, reason code, etc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java, but this is 6.1, so it's not a windows server. I assume there is equivalent log in 6.1 aswell - but I wanted real-time alert (like an e-mail). I need to detect this condition quickly, rather than review logs on a regular basis.

If this was a Windows platform, I might be able to find something that would trawl the event logs and generate an SMTP alert, but not sure where to start on this platform.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: