cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting

craigp
Level 4
Level 4

Reception greeting has "Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting" checked. When an outside caller is in the greeting and dials an extension, they hear "wait while I transfer your call" and then they are put directly into that extensions voicemail -- the phone never rings.

The subscribers extension under call transfer has "Yes, ring subscribers extension" marked. So, it seems like everything is configured correctly.

Unity 4.0(5)

Can this be changed?

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Would you check to see if an Alternate Transfer rule has been enabled for the subscriber? I wouldn't be surprised it is says Transfer to greeting.

Ginger

Ginger -

Thank you for your response. Can a subscriber have an alternate transfer rule or just call handlers?

When a caller enters an extension during the greeting what process kicks in that initiates the trasfer?

:-) Ginger has been looking at the EFT too much. It is enabled in the SA for subscribers and callhandlers both.

4.05 you are right only call handlers. However it is just not shown in the SA but it is still there. Changes are not supported. So if Ginger is right, then TAC needs to fix it.

rlp

Yep -

Randy is correct, I've been spoiled by the newer Unity functionality!! Check out the info here - "By default, the alternate transfer rule is enabled for subscribers. In earlier versions, subscribers only had one transfer rule. If you are upgrading to Cisco Unity version 5.0(1), the existing values of subscriber transfer rules are retained as their alternate transfer rule." Sorry about the mis-information! If I may include something else that came to mind, could the other user's phone be forwarded to voicemail?

Ginger

Randy and Ginger --

Thank you both for your timely responses.

I did test with the end user first to make sure her phone wasn't forwarded.

Stinks that they hide that rule.

Thanks again for you help. I am always amazed at what great information is found on this forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: