cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing users to switch call handler to Closed - outside of a schedule?

I have an interesting request from a user of a system call handler.  On slow days, they would like the option to close their office early and force the system to follow it's "closed" routine.  I am running Cisco Unity Connection 8.6.2.

I can't think of any way to do this other than to go in on their behalf and drop a short "holiday" into a custom holiday schedule to black out those hours that they would otherwise be open.  But I don't want to have to do this every time they ask.  Also, if I am not available when they need to close, this causes an inconvenience to them.

Is there a way that they can go into Unity (through a desk set) and move their call handler into a closed status?  Or does anyone have a clever way of handling this?

Thanks,

-Steve Ballantyne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

if you gave the users access to greetings administrator then they could via a TUI enable the alternate greeting (overides all other greeting regardless of schedules etc) and then the after greeting action could follow whatever sequence is required for closed routine.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag060.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

if you gave the users access to greetings administrator then they could via a TUI enable the alternate greeting (overides all other greeting regardless of schedules etc) and then the after greeting action could follow whatever sequence is required for closed routine.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag060.html

Thank you Jeff!  Wasn't sure where to begin - but it looks like my path for this is to:

1) Decide who among the users should be in "charge of the call handler" and make them owners of it.

2) Set a Caller Input rule in the call handler that will lead them to Conversation > Greetings Administrator.

Pretty easy from there.

Thanks again for the quick response.