cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate Contact Number and Caller ID

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

In Unity 4.2 there is a great feature that allows callers to transfer to number specified by the subscriber, like a secretary, cell phone, etc. My users would like to know who is calling when they set their alt. contact number to their cell phones. All they see right now is 4-digits. Is there anything I can do to allow caller id on transfers? Thanks.

Unity 4.2.1, centrex integration, Exchange message store.

4 Replies 4

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the problem here is that Unity is just performing a simple transfer. i.e. Unity puts the caller on hold, generates a new outbound (consultation) call to the alt contact #, then releases the transfer. So when your users see the incoming call on their cell phone, that call is actually a call from the Unity server. The Caller ID that they see is probably the caller ID of the Unity port placing the outbound call.

There is nothing that can be done to change this. Unity won't/can't 'spoof' a caller ID when placing an outbound consultation call. You might consider instead to use supervised transfers with Call Screening. This will allow the users to hear who is calling before accepting the transfer.

Regards,

Eric

Hmm, never mind about the call screening. I just tried it out. Seems Unity will always do a release transfer for the Alt Contact #. Any call screening options that you have set are only used when transfering to your primary number.

-Eric

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

probably not, the only thing you will get is the Unity TSP port or integration port calling out... if it's an external number, you will get the Caller ID you have published.

Thanks for the information. We have two unity servers. The Centrex integration has numbers blocked and we get "Private Call" as the caller id. On the callmanager integrated unity server doed not block numbers and we get the unity port number.