cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMIS and digit manipulation

fn3247
Level 1
Level 1

Why doesn't Unity have facilities to manipulate (prefix/remove) digits on AMIS locations? Or am I missing something? I kinda really need it. Bad.

Fred

p.s. all the cool kids can do it

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What specifically did you need to manipulate? The dial ID or the delivery phone number info?

I have two problems at the same customer:

#1: From Unity's perspective, my customer uses overlapping "dial IDs" in the way they want their numbering plan to work. as an example:

- dial-ID 123 extensions 1000-1999 live at voicemail site A

- dial-ID 123 extensions 2000-2999 live at voicemail site B

Both the remote AMIS sites here expect four-digit extension delivery. I could configure the dial-IDs as 1231 for site A and 1232 for site B, but unfortunately then Unity would send a three-digit extension along. If I had the ability to prefix the extension, I could work around this.

#2: the customer has a few remote systems where they want to be able to use the same three-digit long dial IDs, but deliver 5-digits to identify the extension, for example:

- dial-ID 321 extensions 0000-9999 live at site C, but the remote system expects 10000-19999. I could configure the dial-ID In Unity as 32 to achieve 5-digit extension delivery, but this will conflict with other sites (i.e. 322). If I could prefix on the extension (add a "1") I could configure the dial-ID as 321.