Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AMIS and digit manipulation

Why doesn't Unity have facilities to manipulate (prefix/remove) digits on AMIS locations? Or am I missing something? I kinda really need it. Bad.

Fred

p.s. all the cool kids can do it

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: AMIS and digit manipulation

What specifically did you need to manipulate? The dial ID or the delivery phone number info?

I have two problems at the same customer:

#1: From Unity's perspective, my customer uses overlapping "dial IDs" in the way they want their numbering plan to work. as an example:

- dial-ID 123 extensions 1000-1999 live at voicemail site A

- dial-ID 123 extensions 2000-2999 live at voicemail site B

Both the remote AMIS sites here expect four-digit extension delivery. I could configure the dial-IDs as 1231 for site A and 1232 for site B, but unfortunately then Unity would send a three-digit extension along. If I had the ability to prefix the extension, I could work around this.

#2: the customer has a few remote systems where they want to be able to use the same three-digit long dial IDs, but deliver 5-digits to identify the extension, for example:

- dial-ID 321 extensions 0000-9999 live at site C, but the remote system expects 10000-19999. I could configure the dial-ID In Unity as 32 to achieve 5-digit extension delivery, but this will conflict with other sites (i.e. 322). If I could prefix on the extension (add a "1") I could configure the dial-ID as 321.

Cisco Employee

Views
Helpful
Replies